Saturday, August 21, 2010

So Much to Say...

... And just not enough energy or time to do it.

Today was kind of a bad day- drove all the way to Montclair (in about an hour's worth of traffic, there and back on the Parkway) only to find out that the MUCH needed paycheck I've been waiting for was unavailable because the princesses at the office of payroll at MSU don't work on Fridays. Tell me, how many of you get fridays off during the summer? I'm just curious, because one would think that even an esteemed (HA) place of learning like MSU would be open five days a week due to the overwhelming amount of work they constantly complain about. Alas, no- they get Fridays off to meander around the globe, licking rocks and doing 45 in the left lane up and down the entire stretch of the Parkway and/or Turnpike.

So, suffice it to say I will be spending this weekend (the LAST weekend of my LAST summer as a student in my life) at home with Mikey (aka my wonderful father) who will no doubt want to rebuild the deck out of popsicle sticks or Jenga blocks, or try to re-wire all the lighting fixtures with steel wool. It'll be a party, you just wait. There'll be a fun post on Monday... or the second I get frustrated and run to my bedroom to cry.

But here's the thing- I'm still trying to stay positive. It's getting a little easier to be single, although I will admit I still think about Corey every day. I don't think I ever let on how difficult it's been for me, but I also didn't want to make it some drastic story. I miss him a lot, but I'm looking forward to doing new things and, hopefully, meeting new people. Chicago's got me on my toes and I just want to start working on some kind of show- I'm feeling rusty.

And the best thing- the thing that's making me feel so much better about all the crap that's been going on lately, is the response to the pattern I put up here. While you can only see three of the comments that people left (and I am very grateful for all of your comments!), there has also been a great response on Ravelry.com, where I posted a link to the pattern. It has been favorited 57 times, and added to a number of qeues (meaning people have added it to their lists of projects they plan to make). It is such an amazing feeling to know that you've created something and can share it with people who are actually appreciating it, and I am so grateful to all of the people who have been so supportive of what seems like such a simple thing. It means a lot to me, and I truly hope that all of those people are enjoying (or will, at some point) that pattern.

Anyway, I just finished working out, took a shower, sang a bunch- so now it's time to relax on the couch and watch a movie. Which movie? I have no idea. Let's see what's on demand =)

<3
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment