Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wooooooaaaaaahhhhh

I know, I know- I'm a bad blogger. So I took a few days off, big deal right? (This is just my passive aggressive way of feeling guilty for not sticking to my plan of posting every day).

Anyway, there's not a whole lot to report. The sweater hasn't made much progress as I've been coming home and PASSING OUT after class. I have a dance class almost every day, go to the gym almost every day, working three days a week until I can find a better job, doing some crazy work in all my classes, and I'm just about ready for another vacation.

Some positives about this semester: Today my acting teacher FINALLY told me I did some good work. I found something grounded in myself, tried to live in the moment, and followed my impulses to achieve my objective... and it paid off. Dance classes have been going much better, I feel energized and ready to work in them, and I feel like I'm getting better. My roommates and I have been spending a lot of time together when we can, and I'm loving having them around and baking a lot =)

Some negatives: We've been baking a lot. I've gained 5 pounds, despite all my dance classes and gym sessions, and I think some of it is stress eating. I'm also not cast this semester, with the exception of an industrial that we're doing in Miami in March. It's 99% dancing, 1% singing, and 100% cheese-fest, and I can't do any of the dancing. I'm not really a dancer, I'm a fake dancer... a "fancer", if you will. But there is no faking my way through this one. I can't for the life of me figure out why I'm in it- it sort of feels like a consolation prize for not being in the mainstage musical. We're doing Side Show, a musical about a freak show and a pair of siamese twins. All I keep hearing is Clay (the program coordinator) saying, "Well, you're not talented enough to play a freak, so I'll just let you be one in a dance show." Either way, I was going to end up crippled and crying.

OY. I guess this is just life. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post soon of a FINISHED sweater. You would think with all the time I have not being cast, I'd be getting some of it done. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Here's to better footwork, faster finger work, and the ladies who lunch. And if the footwork isn't better, "everybody laugh".

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment