Friday, February 26, 2010

A Winter Wonderland

Today, Montclair State University had it's second documented snow day in the past 400 years. Tomorrow will be the third, and I could not be more pleased =)

I know! You're thinking to yourself, "When is this kid gonna stop exaggerating???" Well I'm not, and it's my blog, so you can blow it out your nose with a rubber hose! That's not an exaggeration, I'd really like you to do that.

Ok, so here's the deal. I didn't get RENT. I know, big shocker- what's a short, bald, italian who's a classically trained tenor NOT doing in RENT? It was a huge surprise to me too, but I think I'll manage. The point is, it kind of hurt because it isn't like some huge production, so I couldn't imagine why they at least didn't want me for ensemble or something, but I think I'm over it. I think in the end, it just wasn't meant to be, and that means there must be something bigger and better on the horizon... right?

Spamalot National Tour auditions are on Monday, and I'm going to those, which should be fun. Again, not getting any hopes up, but it'll at least be a day off from class, and an opportunity to keep working on my audition skills. The best part about the RENT audition process was that I was so comfortable- it's really becoming very easy for me to walk into an audition room and just be myself without getting all jittery and crazy. I guess we'll see if I can make some kind of impression on the Spamalot people. It should be a better match, because that show totally fits my sense of humor =)

Anyway, I'm going to bed because I'm tired, and will be making the long journey home tomorrow... and by long journey, I mean an hour on the train. Sue me, I exaggerate (it's my blog, and I'll die if I want to).

Remind me the next time we're talking to tell you my feelings about Hedwig and the Angry Inch. 

<3
Peace

1 comment:

  1. You DO know you are a much more complex and interesting person than your boyish face reflects???? You mister have a mind and you are not afraid to use it. I like and respect that.

    Sorry 'bout RENT but then there are a great deal of people who ain't making rent. (honestly not making light of it.. I know it's disappointing. But you got guts dude. That'll get you there.

    You always have the best from Texas (and someday you might just find out how pathetic that can be!!!!)

    Chris Vandenburg

    ReplyDelete